Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Rodeo Time

The Dixie National Rodeo is something that our family has attended every year since I was a little girl. It is something that I have always looked forward to every year and have so many memories there as a child! Now, by no means are we the decked out cowboy/cowgirl rodeo family, but we do enjoy this time of year!
This was Jacob's first rodeo to attend, and he absolutely loved it! We had been telling Jacob we were going to see the horses and cows. He was so excited about seeing them that he would immediately run to get his shoes as if we were going at that moment (we probably shouldn't have mentioned it to him until we got there)! He was in awe of everything there from the moment we walked in the coliseum. That boy loves him some hats, tractors, cows, and horses. So this was just a perfect setting for him.
He was pretty quiet in the beginning, just staring at everything going on. He did, at random times, yell "yee-ha", "hat", and "cow". I honestly did not watch much of the rodeo this year, as I was just enjoying seeing him so excited.

I saw nothing but these blonde curls for most of the show!

Every so often he would turn around to tell us something.



He even cheered a little!

Neighbors, Brennan and Noel enjoyed the rodeo.

Cousin Wes had fun too!

This picture gives me a good laugh everytime that I look at it!

Loretta Lynn really dressed for the occasion! :)

I guess sweet Loretta was just a little too loud for Jacob!


We will hopefully keep enjoying this tradition for many more years!